Press enter after choosing selection

Aerial View Of Recently Completed Tappan Junior High, With St. Francis Catholic School Construction, October 1951

Aerial View Of Recently Completed Tappan Junior High, With St. Francis Catholic School Construction, October 1951 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, October 24, 1951
Caption
NEW SCHOOLS IN SOUTHEAST SECTION: Two of Ann Arbor's newest schools, one nearly completed, and another just begun, are close enough to be combined in the same Ann Arbor News aerial portrait. Flanking E. Stadium Blvd. on the north side is Tappan Junior High (upper left), and on the south, St. Francis Catholic School. Building at lower left is being used as chapel for St. Francis parish. Dirt from excavation for the school, directly to the right of church, has been dumped in "hills" to fill in the surrounding terrain. Tappan School opened in September. St. Francis School is expected to open next September. Winchell Dr. (foreground) angles around school and to St. Francis rectory just out of picture range at lower left.

Year
1951
Month
October
Rights Held By
Donated by the Ann Arbor News. © The Ann Arbor News.