Press enter after choosing selection

Aerial Photograph of Sharon Hollow, July 1956

Aerial Photograph of Sharon Hollow, July 1956 image
Month
July
Year
1956
Caption
Sharon Hollow: The nearest thing to a village is Sharon Hollow, situated on the lazily flowing Raisin River at Sharon Hollow Rd. Auto-maker Henry Ford, when he was growing huge quantities of soybeans in the township, spent $340,000 to restore the grist mill (left center), dam (at the bridge), and mill raceways. This property is now owned by Mrs. Walter Graves, formerly of Ann Arbor. She lives in the restored grist mill. The former general store at the roadside (right) is owned by a Dearborn industrialist, who uses it as a summer home. Nine families in all live at Sharon Hollow.
Rights Held By
Donated by the Ann Arbor News. © The Ann Arbor News.