Press enter after choosing selection

Aerial Photograph of Salem, September 1956

Aerial Photograph of Salem, September 1956 image
Month
September
Year
1956
Caption
Village of Salem: The population center of Salem township is the village of Salem, formerly known as "Salem Station" because it was established as a station stop of the Pere Marquette Railroad. Six Mile Rd. can be seen running through the heart of the village. Surrounding the village are miles of crop land on which chiefly corn and oats are grown. The township was named for Salem, N. Y., from where many early settlers came.
Rights Held By
Donated by the Ann Arbor News. © The Ann Arbor News.