St. Andrew's Episcopal Church Anchors Division Street Historical District, May 1973
Tue, 11/22/2016 - 7:37am
Keystone Church - St. Andrew's Episcopal Church, 306 N. Division, serves as a keystone for the Division Street Historical District, in that its history is enmeshed with the histories of several of the families dwelling in the houses nearby. Constructed of stone in the English Gothic style, St. Andrew's is the oldest church building to survive in Ann Arbor, and one of the most handsome. The design was the work of Detroit architect Gordon W. Lloyd. Work on the building commenced in 1868 and was completed the following year. A Tower in keeping with the original design was added in 1903, a bequest from Mrs. Alonzo Palmer, whose home is also included in the Division Street Historical District.
Rights Held By
Donated by the Ann Arbor News. © The Ann Arbor News.