Press enter after choosing selection

New addition to the Chemistry Building progresses, 930 N. University Ave., January 1948

New addition to the Chemistry Building progresses, 930 N. University Ave., January 1948 image
Month
January
Year
1948
Caption
READY IN LATE SPRING: Due to the complicated mechanical installations, the addition to the Chemistry Building, located on N. University Ave. and attached to the east side of the present building, will not wholly be completed until late spring. The picture above, taken from the diagonal of the main campus, shows the old building to the left, and the new addition to the right. The structure, built at an estimated cost of more than $,426,000 will house both the Chemistry Department and the School of Pharmacy. The addition is built of reinforced concrete with brick facing and is four stories high with a basement. A lecture hall and some classrooms in the building are completed and in use, but full occupancy is not scheduled for several months.
Rights Held By
Donated by the Ann Arbor News. © The Ann Arbor News.
Related