Press enter after choosing selection

Four-ton box containing radioactive cobalt arrives at the U-M Phoenix Memorial Laboratory on North Campus, July 1955

Four-ton box containing radioactive cobalt arrives at the U-M Phoenix Memorial Laboratory on North Campus, July 1955 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, July 11, 1955
Caption
RADIOACTIVE COBALT ARRIVES AT U-M: This four-ton cylindrical lead box contains the first shipment of radioactive cobalt to arrive at the University's Phoenix Memorial Laboratory on North Campus, where research on the peaceful uses of atomic energy will be carried out. Handling the material here is Ardath H. Emmons (left), U-M associate radiological safety officer, and Charles Hopp, operator of the power lift. (Story on page 13.)
Month
July
Year
1955
Rights Held By
Donated by the Ann Arbor News. © The Ann Arbor News.