Press enter after choosing selection

University of Michigan's "Veterans Village" on Hill St. and Fifth Avenue, just north and east of the Coliseum, October 1946

University of Michigan's "Veterans Village" on Hill St. and Fifth Avenue, just north and east of the Coliseum, October 1946 image
Month
January
Year
1946
Description

The "before" shot referred to in the caption above can be found here: https://aadl.org/N037_0080_002

Caption
BEFORE AND AFTER: The pictures above show Veterans Village as it appeared a year ago (top) and this week (bottom), after the "good old summertime" and student residents had continued to make the place more home-like with hollyhocks, Mexican fire bushes, flower beds and trellis roses. Houses in the Village, which is designed for married veterans attending the University, are of portable type and were moved here last fall from Willow Village. The Village was set up on the two-and-a-quarter acres of land at Hill St. and Fifth Ave., north and east of the Coliseum.

Rights Held By
Donated by the Ann Arbor News. © The Ann Arbor News.