Dr. Dieterle Passes Away
Brief Illness Proves Fatal to Ann Arbor Woman Dentist
Dr. Anna Dieterle, 55, of 730 South State St., who was responsible for the organization of dental services in the public school system and was dental inspector of schools for a number of years, died at 1 o’clock this morning at a local hospital, after a brief illness.
A graduate of the University Dental college with the class of 1904, Dr. Dieterle shortly afterward made a successful effort for the establishment of periodic dental inspection in the public schools for the safeguard of the health of pupils. Petitions circulated through her efforts resulted in the organization of this divisions and Dr. Dieterle served as dental inspector for many years, retiring from this work during the World war.
She was a lifelong resident of Ann Arbor, being born May 1, 1875, in the residence formerly at 221 West Liberty St., where she had made her home most of her life. This property was sold recently to a gasoline company which has erected a station on this site.
Dr. Dieterle was the daughter of the late John Adam and Christina Dieterle of Ann Arbor. She was graduated from Ann Arbor High school, and was a member of Bethlehem church.
She is survived by four brothers, G. J. Dieterle of Manchester, W. G. Dieterle of Detroit, Henry Dieterle of Dexter and August Dieterle of Baltimore, Md.
Funeral arrangements have not been completed.