University Flower Shop Plans Two New Locations
Expanded Program Decided Upon By Firm’s Officers
University Flower Shop, Inc., third oldest flower shop in Ann Arbor, is moving from its present location at 606 E. Liberty St., and will continue business in two new stores after Feb. 1. The new stores will be located in the Zwerdling building at 213 E. Liberty St., and in the Michigan theater building at 523 E. Liberty St. The shop will remain open for business in its present location until Feb. 1.
The business was opened in June, 1931, at its present address and was first managed by Mrs. Walter O. Harris for a year and a half. Mrs. Frank A. Stivers followed Mrs. Harris as manager until her death in 1940, and since then the business has been under the management of Mrs. Alfred Profrock, who will remain as manager of the two stores in each new location.
Officers of the corporation are Walter O. Harris, president; Frank A. Stivers, vice-president; Mrs. Walter O. Harris, secretary, and Mrs. Alfred Profrock, treasurer. Maynard A. Newton, president of Brooks-Newton Realty, Inc., represented all parties to the new leases, including the University Flower Shop, Osias Zwerdling, and S. G. Bothman, owner of the new shop locations.