Mrs. Olive G. Dolph, 74-year-old widow of Ray A. Dolph, who owned and operated a funeral home here for several years, was pronounced dead on arrival this morning at St. Joseph Mercy Hospital. Her death was believed caused by a heart seizure. City police were called after Mrs. Dolph apparently collapsed as she walked out to check her mailbox in front of her home at 3060 Lakewood Dr. The Dolph family in 1962 donated to the city a 26.3 acre tract of land near the Lakewood subdivision for use as a city park. The area, now known as Dolph Park, includes the 4.3 acre Third Sister Lake. Born in Toledo Oct. 10, 1890, she was married to Mr. Dolph on Sept. 20, 1909, in Toledo. Mr. Dolph retired from the funeral home business in 1953 and died in 1955. Mrs. Dolph was a member of the First Methodist Church of Ann Arbor. She is survived by one son, Charles L. of Madison, Wis., and one grandson. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at the Staffan Funeral Home with the Rev. L. Burlin Main officiating. Burial will be in Bethlehem Cemetery.
Rights Held By
Donated by the Ann Arbor News. © The Ann Arbor News.