One of the interesting but lesser known buildings in Ann Arbor for many years was the Chapel of St. Francis built by the late Dr. Inez R. Wisdom (shown above in 1948), in the garden of her home at 2301 Packard. Dr. Wisdom, who died in 1965 at the age of 80, donated the chapel and the land for the new parish of St. Clare of Assisi Episcopal Church, and the church was built adjoining the chapel. The chapel was patterned after those Dr. Wisdom had seen abroad.
Rights Held By
Donated by the Ann Arbor News. © The Ann Arbor News.