The Carnegie Library on Huron Street near State Street was built in 1907 with funds donated by Andrew Carnegie. Built next to the Ann Arbor High School, the two buildings were connected by a passageway for easy access. When Ann Arbor High School moved to Stadium Boulevard, the Carnegie collection was moved to the current Downtown library location and the Carnegie Library closed its doors. The Carnegie building still stands today, waiting to become part of the University of Michigan's newest dormitory complex.
Rights Held By
Ann Arbor District Library
Creative Commons (Attribution, Non-Commercial, Share-alike)