Things to Know Before You Book AADL Freespace:
- When you book a room, you agree to follow the Rules of Behavior and the Meeting Room Policy. Failure to follow these rules may result in revocation of your booking privileges.
- The booked rooms at AADL are not available for religious services or social events.
- Groups using AADL rooms may not charge admission, raise money, offer items for sale, or interfere with normal Library operations.
- The AADL Freespace meeting facility is available for free use by non-profit or for-profit groups twelve time slots in a 365 day period.
- A valid AADL Library Card is required.
- No food is allowed.
- Podium and whiteboard available, no supplies provided.
- No audiovisual equipment is provided or available for rental. The projector in the space is for Library programs only.
- The room includes 32 chairs and 4 six-foot tables. Maximum capacity 32 people.
- No parking or additional services (including set-up and furniture) are provided by the Library.
- Posting of announcements and directional signs on Library property is prohibited.
- No materials may be hung or affixed to any walls.
- The Library will not be responsible for loss of personal property.
- The room is expected to be left in the same condition in which it was found.
The Freespace can be booked for up to 2 hours per day 12 times per year (365-day period) with your library card. Same-day bookings are not available for the AADL Freespace. When you arrive for your time slot, please come to the second floor desk and ask to be let into the Freespace by a staff member.
To book the AADL Freespace:
1. Log into your aadl.org user account.
2. Visit aadl.org/rooms and select Book a Room at the Downtown Library to view the calendar.
The aadlfreespace is not available on days when the library building is closed. Please click here for the library closings.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 734-327-4222.
Permission for use in no way implies library endorsement of goals or activities of any organization using this meeting room space. Upon adequate notice and for adequate reasons, including preceding rights by the Ann Arbor District Library Board, the Library reserves the right to revoke any permission to use this room. Reservation preference will be allocated based on the time and date received. Room must be vacated 1/2 hour before the Library closes.
Meetings and events held in aadlfreespace are not considered Library sponsored events or programs. The Library is not responsible for disseminating information regarding the organizations, start times and other event information. The Library will post the following application information on the weekly events sign in the lobby: 1) the organization reserving the space 2) the date and time of room occupancy
It is required that all promotional information clearly identify the sponsor of the event and ways to obtain further information. Promotional information should in no way identify or imply the Library as a sponsor.