Hired as parks superintendent in 1919, he devoted the next 38 years to expanding and improving the city'ss park system. The city bought Barton, Argo, Dixboro, and Superior dams, along with their ponds and adjacent river banks—more than 945 acres—from Detroit Edison. Much of the Huron River corridor has since been developed into parkland, including the large park named for Eli Gallup.
Rights Held By
Image Courtesy of the Washtenaw County Historical Society
Creative Commons (Attribution, Non-Commercial, Share-alike)