John Travis, publisher of the Ann Arbor courier, built this house in 1896 on the Northeast corner of Huron and Division. It was used as a restaurant before being demolished in 1932 to make way for a gas station. By 1936, when the Ann Arbor news building went up on the site of the Presbyterian church, gas stations had replaced houses on the other corners.
Frame location: South side of Liberty opposite park entrance, facing northeast corner of Liberty and Division
This image may be protected by copyright law. Contact the Bentley Historical Library for permission to reproduce, display or transmit this image. Repository: Bentley Historical Library