Ann Arbor firemen show off their first motorized trucks in 1915. In 1882, after renting horses for several years, the city purchased its own horses to haul fire equipment that had become too heavy for volunteers to pull.
Frame location: On City Hall lawn, northeast corner of Fifth and Huron, inside sidewalk crossing and south of large spruce tree, facing southwest
This image may be protected by copyright law. Contact the Bentley Historical Library for permission to reproduce, display or transmit this image. Repository: Bentley Historical Library