It has been suggested that it would je very appropriate to change the name of North street to Kingsley street. North street has no peculiar significance, f or there are many streets north of North street. On the other hand, Kingsley street would be most apjropriately named. Judge Kingsley :uilt the tirst house on North street as early as 1828 or 1829, opposite the old school house now used as a tenement ïouse. The flrst house was a two story white house, and was quite an imposing structure for those days. In fact, it went by the name of Kingsley's castle. Sometime in the '30's, Judge Kingsley also built what was recently known as the Henriques house, where David Binsey's residence now stands He occupied a very large tract o: ground on North street, including where St. Thomas church now stand. s He sold the church lot to the church and gave liberally towards its con struction, Judge Kingsley did very much for Ann Arbor. He was a member of the legislature at the time the location o: the University was secured at Am Arbor and exerted considerable nifluence in bringing about that location here. He was one of the first trustees of the University appointed by Gen. Cass. He was a member of the lirst board of regents of the University, appointed under the constitution of 1850. He was one of the early mayors of Ann Arbor. He drew the original charter of the Michigan Central railroad, and it was largely through his müuence that the road was brought here. No street has ever been named for him, or auything done by the city to show appreciation for his great services in behalf of the city. It is for this reason that the suggestiou is made that the name of Xorth street, on whieh he lived, should be changed to Kingsley street.