Press enter after choosing selection


Dexter image
Parent Issue
Public Domain
OCR Text

Mrs. E. H. Carpenter is on the sick list. Pat Sloan was a Chelsea visitor on Thursday. George Collins, of Marión, was here, Tuesday. H. W. Newkirk spent Sunday with his family. P. Lavey and family entertained relatives, Sunday. Miss Ettie Smith, of Jackson, is visiting her parents. A number of Dexterites spent Sunday at the lakes. Eva Rockwell, of Fosters, is spending the week here. Born to Mr. and Mrs. O. A. Vaughn, a son, May 21. J. Harris and wife, of Putnam, visited here on Tuesday. J. Schieferstein, sr., was in Pinckney the last of the week. Burt Taylor entertained his cousins the first of the week. Frank Judson, of Chelsea, was here on business, Friday. Philip Duffy and wife, of Northfield, spent Monday here. Miss Caroline Fleming visited her sister in Lima on Thursday. Sam Davis and Miss Krause, of Dexter, spent Sunday here. T. Walsh and wife, of Podunk, visited her mother, Sunday. Mr. and Mrs. T. Armstrong, of Webster, were here, Monday. Mrs. M. Hudson, of Jackson, visited her sister the past week. E. P. Glover, of Anderson, made a short cali here on Saturday. Fred Stabler, of Fosters, made a business trip here on Monday. Mr. Meivin and daughter, of Hamburg, spent Monday here. Alf. Davis made a flying trip to Ann Arbor the last of the week. Miss Wallace, of Dexter, is spending a few days with Mrs. j. Hall. Mrs. Wm. Sweetman entertained her daughter the first of the week. Mr. and Mrs. C. Brogan, of Marion, visited hermother on Monday. Mrs. Campbell entertained her sisters from Jackson the past week. T. Birkett spent the first of the week in the northern part of the state. Charles Dwyer and wife, of Ann Arbor, was here the first of the week. A. Pidd is building a basement )arn and making other improvenents. Mr. and Mrs. C. Schoen enter:ained relatives from Freedom on Sundav. Mr. George Reason, wife and son, visited in Ann Arbor the middle of the week. Mrs. Byron Green was called to Rochester, N. Y., by the illness of her father. Little Nellie Newkirk has been quite sick the past few days, but is improving. Miss Gertie Carpenter spent Wednesday with her grand-parents in r'ettysville. Mrs. Bowler and daughter, Miss ïtta Foran, spent Wednesday in Ann Arbor. Chris. Taylor, of Gregory, was he guest of his uncle and family over Sunday. Mr. and Mrs. T. Stanton spent Sunday with their daughter, Mrs. T. Carpenter. Tip Henry is running an express wagon from Dexter to Pinckney for Curlett & Co. Dr. C. Howell, of Alpena, was shaking hands with old friends here he past week. John Gavin and sister Mary, of orthfield, visited friends here the first of the week. Miss Coyle, of Wayne, visited her ister, Mrs. John McCabe, a few days the past week. Miss Nettie Mowers, after spendng two weeks with her parents, has returned to Dexter. Miss Agnes Cope, of Ypsilanti, vas here to attend the funeral 'of ïer uncle, Monday. Deputy Sheriff McCabe, of Ann Arbor, was called here to attend the uneral of his father. Sheriff Brenner and wife, of Ann Arbor, attended the funeral of John VIcCabe on Monday. Mr. P. Gibney and wife, of Northfield, attended the funeral of John McCabe on Monday. Mr. and Mrs. Agur Taylor attended the funeral of their cousin, Mrs. iames Taylor, of Chelsea, on Wednesday. Mrs. R. Flintoft and son and daughter and grand-daughter, of Northfield, spent Sunday with relatives here. We are sorry to hear of the death of Mr. Turner, a former resident of his place, whose body was burned in the recent fire at Saginaw. John McCabe died at his home in Dexter township, Saturday morning, May 27, 1893, in his eightieth year, of a paralytic stroke, from which he 1 I had suffered over 'a year and a half. He was a native of Ireland, and had lived in this county half a century. A wife, four sons and tvvo daughters survive hira, - one son, John, who is in Washington; Mrs. John Sheehan, of Hamburg; Patrick, of Ann Arbor, Hugh, James and Kate, of this place. He was a loving husband, kind father, and good neighbor. The funeral was held from St. Joseph's church on Monday morning, and the remains were placed in the vault.


Ann Arbor Argus
Old News