Press enter after choosing selection

Tearing Down The Church

Tearing Down The Church image
Parent Issue
Day
10
Month
April
Year
1894
Copyright
Public Domain
OCR Text

The work of tearing down Zion church has commenced. Farewell services were held in the church Sunday, the building being handsomely decorated for the occasion. The building has been used for many years, and was formerly one of the largest church buildings in the city. Wendell Phillips delivered his phillipics against slavery from its rostrum. University commencements have also been held in the audience room. The newchurch will be 63 x 88 feet in size, with two towers, one of which will be surmounted by a spire 135 feet high. The new church is to seat 600 on the floor and 200 in the gallery. The basement is designed for the parochial school. Charles Sauer has the contract for the carpenter work, Koch Bros. for the mason work, and O. O. Sorg for the painting.

Article

Subjects
Ann Arbor Argus
Old News