Press enter after choosing selection

State Items

State Items image
Parent Issue
Day
18
Month
May
Year
1894
Copyright
Public Domain
OCR Text

The Hurley block, a brick building at Bronson, was destroyed by lire. The loss is 13,400. Otter Lake is considering the project of building a city hall. To do so the town will l)e bonded foril.UOO. Detroit parties are trying to buy the Garland hotel at Otter Lake, anti if they do so will boom the place as a' slimmer resort. At the spring meeting of the Vicksburg Driving Club, which w ill be held Juut (i and 7, $500 in prizes and stakes will be given. Tbe state librarían has given to the Vicksburg Ladies' library a complete set of Miehigan's pioneer and bistorical collection. The First Christian church of Saginaw will erect a bandsome ediñce on the site of the present cliurch. it will be completed by the last of August. Cement sidewalks are being laid in the business portion of Caro, the property owners paying 75 per cent of the cost and the village the other 25 per cent. Charles Dun bar was buried in a sewei which he was (ligging at St. Joseph by several tons of earth, which caved in. He was gotten out alive, but will not survive. The Otter Lake village council has ordered real estáte owners to build new sidewalks There is some tall kicking, and talk of making a test case in the courts to see if the ordiuance is valid. Fire, supposed to have been started by trampa, drscroyed the barn of John Canfleld at Fairgrove, together with three horses, 21 hogs and some farm implemento. There is no iusurance on the burned property. John Goff of Montrose tovmship. Genessee county, was tried Tuesday on a charge of violating the state flsh law by flshing with a seine in the Flint river last month, and being found guilty, was senteneed to pay a fine of 2t or go to jail for 15days.

Article

Subjects
Ann Arbor Argus
Old News