Press enter after choosing selection


Manchester image
Parent Issue
Public Domain
OCR Text

Waker C. Mack, of Ann Arbor, was in town on business. Miss Mary Kurfess lias been visiting with Mrs! Ogden in Clinton. Miss Pauline Rauschenberger, of Ann Arbor, was the guest of Mr. and Mrs. f. Rauschenberger, over Sunday. Miss Tresie Ternes, who is keeping house for her brother, Father Ternes, has been visiting relatives and friends in Detroit. Miss Pauline Pfeiffle is visiting friends in Brooklyn. Miss Katie Marx spent Sunday with her friends in Saline. Mr. George Torrey, who is attending the Ann Arbor University, spent Sunday at home. Mrs. Rev. Yokom has returned froni her visit with friends in Canada. Misses Minnie and Katie Braun, of Jackson, came home last Thurslay to visit with their parents, Mr. .mil Mrs. John Braun. Miss Bertha Lehn has returned home from a four weeks' visit with friends in Detroit. Mr. August Nisle, who for the past two years has been clerking for Schairer & Millen in Ann Arbor, has accepted a position in the store of Walter C. Mack, Manchester. Mr. Fred Steggermeyer went to Kalamazoo last Tuesday to attend the Grand Lodge of the A. O. U. W. School Commissioner M. J. j anaugh visited our public schoo! i last Tuesday. Miss Lucy Poucher, teacher of ward school, was unable to teach the past week, being on the sick list. Miss Orta Hall taught in her place. H. Conklin will close the dancing school with a social hop on Friday evening; a good time is anticipated by all. Mrs. A. F. Freeman gave a recital to the parents of her music scholars last Friday evening, which was enjoyed by all who attended. One of the best Alpha Sigma meetings was held in the school chapel last Monday evening. A very interesting program was carried out. The debate, "Resolved, That immigration should be restricted," was decided in favor of the affirmative. Last Saturday evening our quiet town was aroused by the alarm of fire; being an uncommon alarm for the people of Manchester everyone rushed to see and help. It proved to be at the Baptist parsonage. A piece of furniture in the room caught fire by a spark escaping from the stove, and nearly everything in the room burned before the fire could be extinguished. The loss is not very heavy.


Ann Arbor Argus
Old News