Press enter after choosing selection

Died Of Suffocation

Died Of Suffocation image
Parent Issue
Public Domain
OCR Text

Chicago, Doe. 18.- Mrs. Ida Staubo lost hor Ufe in an effort to save her husband's musió from the ñames which threatened their dwolling. At & o'olook Tuesday evening her body was fouud on a loungo in the sittiag room of the frame house in the raar of 2828 Wallace street. A bundie of music was clenched in her hand, and she was surrouniied by other musical manuscripts. Mrs. Staube is over t5 years old, and her aged husband nearly followed her to doath when he discovered her domise The flre started in a barn back of the Straubü house. Patrick Conroy, a lamplighter, keeps his tools there, and at 4 o'clock in the afternoon a gasoleno torch which he was adjusting expioded and set fire to the barn. The frame house where the Straubes lived contained throe families and it narrowly escaped destruction. The families on the other two floors escaped, but nobody thought of Mrs. Sïraube uutil her husband returned from a fruitlcss hunt lor work and found her dead from suffocation.


Ann Arbor Argus
Old News