Press enter after choosing selection

Death's Harvest

Death's Harvest image
Parent Issue
Public Domain
OCR Text

Iva, the infant daughter of Mr. and Mrs. George Fields, ditid at her parents' horna, 8 W. Suuimit st. , Thursday of last week. aged 10 months. The funeral services were held at the house Satnrday afternoou and the rernains wereburied ia the Fifth ward cemeteiy. Mrs. Dorothy H. Brown died Friday inorning last at the home of her daughter, Miss Margaret E. Brown. No. 7 E. University ave., of prostration, aged 80 years. Mrs. Browii was a native of England, bnt had been a resident of this city for 29 years . She leaves one son, Major A., and one daughter, Margaret E. Brown. The funeral services were held at her late home, Sunday afternoon and she was buried in Forest Hill cemetery. Jobn Gall, an old and highly respected resident of Ann Arbor, died at nis home, N o. 41 ' N. Fifth ave., on Suuday, of lung trouble, aged 60 years and 11 months. Mr. Gall was born in Germany in 1835. At the age of 18 he came to America and settled in Anu Arbor, where he has since resided with the exception of one year spent in California. He carried on the butchering business for many years in the store now ocoupied by Casper Rinsey, later removing to a store on E. Washington st. When he retired froin business he was sncoeeded by nis nephew, J. Fied Hoetzle, who still has it. In 1864 he married Miss Julia Niethammer. Three children resulted from this union, one of whom, a son narned ü-eorge, is dead. lis wile and two daughters, Mrs. Andrew Muehlig and Miss Alioe E. Gall, survive him. The funeral services were held at his late home on Wednesday afternoon, Rev. A. L. Nicklas officiating, The Arbeiter Verein, of which he was a rnember, attended the funeral in a body. The remains were interred in Forest Hill cemetery. In the death of John George Laubengayer, whioh took place at the home of bis son, Fred Laubengayer, in the township of Lodi, on Stinday, another old pioneer of Washtenaw county has passed to the great beyond. Mr. Laubengayer was born in Leinfelden, Wurtemberg, Germany, in 1807. He came to this country with his parents, brother and sisters in 1833 and settled in Washtenaw county, where he has resided ever since. He was married in Ann Arbor to Miss Elizabeth Kirn, after having lived in the city for several years, and they at once moved out to Lodi. Four cbildren were born of this marriage, Fred, Mary, George and Katharine. His flrst wife having died he married again and one child, Emannel, was born to him. Having sold his farm in Lodi he removed to Lima, but only lived there a short time when he came back to his son l'red, with whom he' had since made his home. He was well known, generally liked and higbly respected. The funeral services were held Wednesday and were conducted by Rev.Julius Klingmann.of Scio. The remains were bnried in the Lodi cemetery. Frank Dngdale died at his rooms in the Unity block on Monday noon of Brights' disease, aged 29 years and 9 BQonths. The funeral services were held on Wednesday afternoon, Rev. Camden M. Cobern oiHoiating, and the remains -were buried in Forest Hill cemetery. AlbertNelson Williams, betterknown as Allie Williams, died Monday afternoon of consnraption, aged 52 years, at the home of Newton Feloh, 30 Wall st., where he boarded. He had been sick for a number of years. Deceased was a single man, his only relatives being a brother, Wm. Williams, of Saginaw, who attended his funeral, and a sister who is mairied and lives in oue of the western states. He was buried in the Fifth ward cemetery, the fnneral services being conducted by Rev. J. W. Crippen. Lonisa, the infant daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Bischoff, of 56 Pontiao st., was carried off Monday evening by cholera infantu n, aged 3 months. The funeral services were conducted by Rev. Max Hein; and the remains were buried in the Fifth ward cemetery. Leo Friedrich Marquardt died Wednesday morning at 2:30 at the home oí his parents, Mr. and Mrs. Adolph Marquardt, in the town of Scio, of appendioitis, aged 10 years, 3 months anc 4 days, after an illness of one week's dnration'. The funeral services will be held this afternoon at the house, Rev. Max Hein offlciating. Burial in the Germán cemetery on Jackson ave. Thomas McMabon, an old soldier, died at his cabin in lorthfleld yesterday moraing at 9 o'clock. His funeral seivices were held at St. Patrick's ohnrch, Northfield, this morning, Rev. L. P. Goldrick officiating, and he was buried in the cemetery of that church. He was a brother of Mrs. William Mason, of this city.