Anotber of Aun Arbor's oíd citizens has been called upon to lay dowu the cares of this world and relinquish his hold upon things earthly. Uu Friday inorning at about 4 o'clock, Charles Spor, küown to all wbo bave lived iu this city for auy ength of time, died at the home of nis son-iu-law O. F. Webster, of heart failure, after ouly a few hours serious illuess, haviug been seized witb the attack which ended his life shortly after supper the eveuiug previous. Mr. Spoor was born iu the Adirondack tegion iu Kew York state Nov. 26, 1813, aud was, therefore, nearly 83 years old at the tima of his deatn. He was of Holland descent. Comiug to Ann Arbor iu 1835, for inauy years he was a prominent business ruau, having a harness shop in the old frame block, where the First National Bank now stands, and which was then kuowu as the Albiou block. Of all those who were in business on that side of Main st. , when he kept store there, only one - William Allaby, sr. - is left. He had at different timos fllled positions of trust in the city governiaent. Io 1862-3 be was mayor of the city and had also seived as alderman and city treasurer. Mr. Spoor's wife has been dsad for severa] years, and oue of his daughters Mrs. Eugeue Mutsohel died about a year ago, the other two Mrs. O. F. Websier, of Owosso, and Mrs. W. W. Nichols, of this city survive hirn. Mr. Spoor was a charter member of Golden Rule Lodge, No. 159, F. & A. M. , and was one of the oldest Oddfellows iu the city, being a member of Washteuaw Lodge, No'. 9. m The funeral services, couducted by Eev. J. JSIilIs Gelston, pastor of the Presbyteriau church, were held at the residence of Dr. W. SV. Nichols, corner Hill st. and Lincoln ave., on Suuday afternoou and were attended by a large number of relatives and frieuds as well as by rnernbers of the F. & A. M. and I. Ö. O. F., who in a body escorted the remains of the deceased to their final resting place in the family burial lot in Forest Hill ceruetery.