Ia the deatta of John Moore, which ocourred at his reaideuoe, corner 8. División and Williani sts. , Priday eveuing last, Ann Arbor has lost oue of her best knowu and most highly respected citizeus and business raen Mr. Mpore had been in failiug bealth for some weeks and had been seriunsly ill for some days with heart trouble whioh euded fatally. Mr. Moore was bom at Mt. Washington, Mass., Maroh 23, 1824, and was 72 years, 9 rnoutbs aud 1G days old at the time of his death. He lived in his uative plaoe nntil he arrived at manhood, wheu he went to Batavia, N. Y., where on April 27, 1848, he was married to Miss Emily Calkins, who with two sons and fonr danghters survives him. In 1855 the family removed to Jonesville, Mich., and fonr years lator to Niles, in both of which places Mr. Moore oarried on the drug business. He remaiued in Niles outil 1868, when he oiraie to Ann Arbor, which has since been his home. He purobased the bookselling business of Gilmore & Fiske, located in the store now ocoupied by Geo. Wahr. In 1888 he sold out the business to George Osius & Co., the partner in tbat firm being George Wahr, who had been in Mr. Moore's employment for several years. Returuing to the drus; business, he bought ont Holmes' pharmacy, which was thon looated in the Cook honse block up to a few years ago, when the store was removed to its present locatiou. Mr. Moore uever held any office except that of city treasnrer for one term, althoogh he had been an active mbmber of the board of elders of the Presbyteriau church for npwards of 25 yeare, and very rarely ruissed one of its meetings. His children are Mrs. Aggie Robesou, of Port Huron ; George L. Moure, of Anu Arbor; Mrs. Ida Ludlow, oL Detroit; Mrs. Nettie Coehrau, of Toledo; John E. Moore, of Chicago; aud Mrs. Lucy McKean, of Granger, Ohio. He was one of a family of eight children, one brother being a ruember of the well known firin of Erlson, Moore & Co., of Detroit. The funeral serivces, held at his iate home Mouday ateruoou, were conducted by Rev. J. Mills Gelston, and his remains were interred ,in Forest Hill cemetery.