Press enter after choosing selection

Barns Burned In Manchester

Barns Burned In Manchester image
Parent Issue
Public Domain
OCR Text

About 1 o'clock Wednesday morning the baru belonging to Supervisor William Bnrtless in the village of Manchester was found to be on fire. The flamea had a good start and it was impossible to save the building. A barn adjoining Mr. Bnrtless' belongiug to Geo. J. Haenssler soon oaught fire. As it was filled with hay and grain the firo spread rapidly and tbe building was soon bnrned to tbe gronnd. Mr. Bnrtless was aronsed in time to save the three horses whioh were in bis barn and also one single buggy, but one new single buggy and one snrrey together with a quantity of hay and grain were totally dfistroyed. Tbe village hand fire engine refnsed to work and a buoket brigade was formed which did yeomen service, but. all to no purpose. The loss on Mr. Haeuisler's barn was partly covered by insnranoe, but Mr. Burtless carried no insurance. The loss of botb barns is estimated at $1,000.


Ann Arbor Argus
Old News