Dr. Weir Mitchell, lecturing to a school of uurses lately upon the necessity of self control in eniergencies, told the following incident: "Oue of his patients, while in a low, nervous conditiou, swallowed by mistake a dose from the wrong bottle. She shrieked out that she was poisoned. One of the nurses screamed 'Aconite!' and began to cry hysterically. The other nurse, seeing. that the patiënt was going into con vul - sions from terror, when relief would be iinpossible, saidcoolly: 'Don'tbefrightened. Look here, ' taking a mouthful of the dose herself. She then went outside to rid her mouth of it, procured au emetic and sent for a doctor and atomach pump. Her calmness saved the life of the patiënt. "