Mr. Sellick Wood died at bis home on S. División st. Satnrday afternoon last at 2 o'olock. His death was very suelden and a great sbock te his fatnily and friends. He had been complaiDing sligbtly for soné montbs but had regularly attended.to business and only oalled a physician a few houis before bis death. He was bom in Danbury. Conn., in í 824 and his parents moved to Lodi in 1830. He lived on his father's farm in Lodi nntil the early 60's when he bonght the Allen farm in Pittsfleld, where he resided nntíl he moved +o this city aböut 31 years ago. He was a quiet, honorable, unostentatioas citizeu. He never songht notoriety or public offioe. For about 40 years he had been a raember of the Congregational chnrch. He has served on its board of direotors a-nd withJudge Cooley, Charle Tripp and others was a member of the committee whioh had charge of the constrnction of the present church building. He was a member of the city conncil two years. Fifty-one years ago he married Mírs Ellen Bliss, who survives him. Frank Wood, who has been assooiated with his father in business for some years, is the only surviving child. Thirty-one .yearp ago, Mr. Wood lost a danghter, then approaching womanhood, which brought a sorrow to bis heart fiom which he oever entirely recoveied. We rnaj" hope that the ties which have been fqiever broken here, may be rennited where tbat dear daughter dwells. The funeral services were held at his late home on Tuesday afternooa and were largely attended. They werë condacted by Rev. .T. W. Bradshaw. Interment was in Forest Hill cemetery.