"Oh! oh! oh! ob !" were the sounds that issued froin the lips of Herman Krog, the tailor, wbo lives un the corne of S. Fifth ave. and E. Washington st., as he rashed aoross the street euveloped in flamea this morniug at abont 7:30 o'clock. He had beeu lighting the cook stove and in order to hasten it along ponred kerosene oil on it with the nsnal resnlt, the fire was communicated to the oil atid barsting out set his clothing, hair and heavy beard on fire. Passers by ran to his asistauce aod by rolling hiuj in the snow were lnoikly able to extinguish the flames very proniptly. He is badly tinrned about the faoe and hands bnt the fire did uot bain his body mach, ifany. fle was kiudly cared for by neighbcriug Wüiuen uutil Dr. J. A. Wessinger arrived and attonded to his injuries. The shop and its contents were badly darcaged, bnt the flre did not spread any farther. Mr. Krng's three little boys ware asleep np stairs at the tirne. He lost his wife by consnmption abont three ruonths aso and this second fortune is doubly hard on him. While going ont to the fire hose wagon No. 3 was overtnrned and has one of ite wheels badly sprung.