James Davis, the last but oue of the onformnate farnily of the Rev. Lorenzo Davis, died in Pinokúey, Sunday, and baving do relatives outside of the poorhonse, his body was sent to the University for anatomcal purposes. His father, Lorenzo Davis, carne to Ypsilauti, from New York in 1328. For nine yeats frota 1834 he preached on the different cirooits in this seotioo, wben failing health compelled him to desist. He carne to Ann Arbor in 1845, and in 1850 was elected register of deeds. He held the office for two years and then entered the newspaper business. He published the Ann Arbor Jonrnal five years then sold it and purchased tbe Local News which he puhlished for another five years after changing its name to the Michigan State News. He also held the office of town clerk aud was superintendent of the pooi' for rnany years. Bat he never made a sucoese of life, on aoocunt of his laok of energy, although he was a man of more than nsnal intellectual ability. He was superintendent of the pnor np to the day that he entered the Washtenaw coanty hoose, wbere he died. Two of his soes both weak minded, went to the poorhouse with h jm, and the only surviving member of his family, Willie Davis, is still there. Oae of his sons graduated from the U. of M, and was making a great success as a teacher when he died. Two other sons died in pennry. His wife was taken care of by her relatives wbi her hnsband and sons entered the poorhonse. It is a pitiful story, bat one that many iu this couuty are well acquaiuted with.