Press enter after choosing selection


Milan image
Parent Issue
Public Domain
OCR Text

Milán is to have electric street lights in the noar future. Clarence Needham speut Tuesduy iu Detroit on business. Died, Mouday, Nov. 21, at his home ou Maiu st., Albert Hansou, of heart trouble. Mr. Saugree and Mrs. L. Warner speut Saturday with Miss McRoss, at Duudee. Mr. and Mrs. Earl Sweet entertaiued guests trom Tecumseh Saturday and Suuday. Mrs. Tcrry aud son Vern, of Schooloraft, are the guests of Mr. and Mrs C. Clark. Mrs. L. C. Gowdrich, of Ann Arbor, was the guest of her sister Mrs. G. R. Williams Wednesday. Mr. and Mrs. F. Wilson and sous will eat turkey at Mr. and Mrs. Wilmer Butler's, iu Detroit Thursday. Mr. and Mrs. Tripp, Mr. aud Mrs. E. W. Bkickmer will eat Thanksgiving diuuer at Mr. and Mrs. Ford's in Trentou. ïhere will be uniou Thanksgiving services at the M. E. church Thursday. Rev. F. O. Joues will deliver the address. Died, Mouday, Nov. 31, Edgar Mead, of heart failure. Rev. Leo McCollister, of Detroit, officiated at the funeral Wednesday. Mr. McComen's leoture Friday evening was grand from start to finish and the audience was delighted with the evening's entertainment. Died, Sunday afteruoon, A. B. Case, after a long and painful illness. Funeral was held at the house Tuesday afternoon, Rev. F. O. Jones officiating. Died, W. Hubbard, Saturday, Nov. 19. Funeral was held at the residence of Mrs. Morse, of Hurd st. , Sunday afteruoon, Rev. F. O. Jones officiating. One of our citizens was a victini of highway robbery. He was held up between the race and long bridge and relieved of purse aud watch. The robbers are still at large. Married, Nov. 18, at the home of the bride's pareuts, Mr. and Mrs. P. Swick, of Dexter st. , Mr. Frank Heath and Miss Lena Swick, both of Milan, Rev. F. O. Jones officiating. Died, Nov. 16, Miss Lucy Curtis at her home on Allen st. Funeral was held at the house Nov. 17, Rev. W. C. Macbeth officiating. Remains were taken to Ridgeway for interment Nov. 18. The fire department was called out Tuesday morning about 9 o'clock to subdue the flames of which had started in one of S. Froman's honses, on Dexter st. the fire started in the store room v.hpre Froman stored sewing machines and organs, the lower part of the house was occupied by Mr. Stoddard and family. Loss considerable.