Press enter after choosing selection

Swallowed Spiders

Swallowed Spiders image
Parent Issue
Day
3
Month
November
Year
1899
Copyright
Public Domain
OCR Text

SWALLOWED SPIDERS

 

A Young Chelsea Girl is Thrown Into Spasms.

 

DRANK OUT OF A NOZZLE

 

And Swallowed a Nest of Spiders—A Live One On Her Lip Two Days Later.

 

The 13 year old daughter of Peter Cole, of Lima, was brought to Chelsea Monday afternoon, suffering with the symptoms of poisoning. It was learned that she had been watching a couple of cows which had been running in the road, and becoming thirsty had gone to a tank and sucked some water through a brass nozzle. She soon found that she had taken something besides water, and that was part of a nest of spiders - small, black fellows. She did not receive any help, and was taken home. She remained in a critical condition until Wednesday, when she commenced to improve. On that day her parents discovered one of the spiders, which had established itself under her upper lip, and which was still alive.—Chelsea Standard.