MICHIGAN MARIJUANA INITIATIVE
Call 668-7206 for information.
LET THE PEOPLE DECIDE!
1. Signers of the same petition MUST be registered voters of the SAME CITY OR TOWNSH1P.
2. Married women MUST use their given first names: Mary Smith, not Mrs. John Smith. (Sign EXACTLY as you did when you registered to vote.)
3. Signatures MUST be made in the presence of the circulator.
4. Ditto marks MUST NOT be used. Spell out the names of the street and city.
5. Circulator MUST be a REGISTERED VOTER
6. Circulators SHALL NOT sign nor date the certificate prior to obtaining the last signature on the petition.
7. PEOPLE SIGNING THE SAME PETITION MUST ALL BE REGISTERED IN THE SAME CITY OR TOWNSHIP!
MAIL ALL COMPLETED PETITIONS TO: Michigan Marijuana Initiative Box 523 Ann Arbor, Michigan 48107
INITIATIVE PETITION AMENDMENT TO THE CONSTITUTION
A proposal to add Article I, section 24 as follows
No person in the state of Michigan who is over 18 years of age shall be subject to arrest or criminal prosecution or be denied any right or privilege for any of the following actions: possession of marijuana; personal use of marijuana; cultivating, harvesting, drying, or processing of marijuana; in other ways preparing marijuana; or transporting marijuana for personal use. This provision shall not be construed to repeal existing legislation or limit the enactment of future legislation prohibiting persons under the influence of marijuana from operating machinery or vehicles.
We, the undersigned qualified and registered electors, residents in the City Township (strike one) of ........, in the County of ........, State of Michigan, hereby respectively petition for said amendment to the Constitution.
Whoever knowingly signs this petition more than once, signs a name other than his own, signs when not a qualified and registered elector, or sets opposite his signature on a petition, a date other than the actual date such signature was affixed, is violating the provisions of this act.
NAME Street Address or Rural Route Post Office DATE OF SIGNING Month Day Year
CERTIFICATE OF CICULATOR
The undersigned circulator of the above petition asserts that he is qualified to circulate this petition, that each signature on the petition was signed in his presence, that to his best knowledge and, belief each signature is the genuine signature of the person purporting to sign the same and that the person was at the time of signing a qualified registered elector of the city or township listed in the heading of the petition and that such elector was qualified to sign the petition.
(Signature of Circulator)
(Street Number or Rural Route)
(City or Township)
WARNING - Any circulator knowingly making a false statement in the above certificate or any person not a circulator who signs as such or any person who signs a name other than his own as circulator is guilty of a misdemeanor.