Gaudy's Chocolate Shop, 1946
24 N Washington St was the final location of the bakery and candy shop of George Milne Gaudy. Gaudy opened his first store in 1886 and the Chocolate Shop closed in 1944, three years after his death. Gaudy's was a popular hangout, a hub of local communication, and a purveyor of candy known across the state. Read more about the history of Gaudy's Chocolate Shop in the September 1974 issue of Ypsilanti Gleanings.
Rights Held By
Ypsilanti Historical Society
Creative Commons (Attribution, Non-Commercial, Share-alike)