Taken from the north side of the Huron River looking south at LeForge Rd & N Huron River Dr. The Peninsular Paper Company was one of several paper mills to spring up in southeast Michigan on the Huron River. Founded in 1867, the company thrived after signing a contract with the Chicago Tribune. It continues in operation today, operated by the Quirk family four generations after Daniel L. Quirk was one of its founders. Read more about Peninsular Paper and paper-making in Ypsilanti in the August 1973 issue of Ypsilanti Gleanings.