Press enter after choosing selection

The Manns

The Manns image

Mr. and Mrs. Jonathan Mann, who arrived in Ann Arbor in 1830, were the first Germans to settle here permanently. Finding the land to be excellent for farming, they encouraged friends and relatives from southern Germany to join them. As more families emigrated, they sent for a German Lutheran minister.

Rights Held By
Image Courtesy of the Washtenaw County Historical Society