Rev. Kelly led St. Thomas Parish from 1891 to 1919, built the new stone church, the convent and rectory, and founded St. Joseph's Mercy Hospital. A man of boundless energy, he also served as auxiliary bishop of Detroit from 1910 to 1919, when he became bishop of Grand Rapids.
Rights Held By
Image Courtesy of the Washtenaw County Historical Society
Creative Commons (Attribution, Non-Commercial, Share-alike)