John Haarer moved his studio to the modest frame building, left, in the mid-1870s. He replaced it in 1888 with the Romanesque structure that still exists. This photo was taken on German American Day.
Read more in John Haarer Photography Studio by Grace Shackman and Historic Buildings, Ann Arbor Michigan: 113 West Liberty Street.
Image courtesy of Bentley Historical Library.
Bentley Image Bank: BL003536