George, Gottlob, and Herman Hertler, with their sister Emma, catered to the farming community from 1906 to 1975. From their store at 210 South Ashley street they sold feed and seed, tools and equipment, dispensed agricultural advice and information, and hosted euchre games. For ten cents, farmers could leave their horses with hay and water while doing business downtown.
This image may be protected by copyright law. Contact the Bentley Historical Library for permission to reproduce, display or transmit this image. Repository: Bentley Historical Library
Stores & Shops
Hertler Brothers Hardware
Hardware - Retail
Downtown Ann Arbor Historical Street Exhibit Program
Site 5: Germans in Ann Arbor
Germans on Ashley Street
210 S. Ashley St.