Hutzel & Co.
When August Hutzel opened his store at 114 South Main street in 1857, he sold groceries along with glass and painting supplies. as the city's gas and water works expanded, many hardware businesses added plumbing and heating equipment. In the 1880s hutzel laid miles of cast iron pipes for the city's first water system. August's son Titus, trained as a plumber, sold and installed indoor plumbing, including flush toilets and claw-foot bathtubs.
This image may be protected by copyright law. Contact the Bentley Historical Library for permission to reproduce, display or transmit this image. Repository: Bentley Historical Library