When the new Michigan Central Railroad depot opened in 1887, boosters described it as "the finest on the line between Buffalo and Chicago." more than a dozen trains a day brought freight as well as crowds of visitors, businessmen, entertainers, and students. In 1969 the passenger depot was converted into the Gandy Dancer restaurant.
Frame location: entrance to Broadway Park
This image may be protected by copyright law. Contact the Bentley Historical Library for permission to reproduce, display or transmit this image. Repository: Bentley Historical Library