Press enter after choosing selection

The new high school, opened in 1907

The new high school, opened in 1907 image

The new high school was the pride of the community when it opened in 1907 with an attached public library (on far left, facing Huron) donated by Andrew Carnegie. The University purchased the building in 1956 and renamed it for Latin professor Henry Simmons Frieze, who had been a member of the school board and UM acting president.

Frame location: West side of North State, north of East Huron, on the extension north of the first tree, facing southeast

This image may be protected by copyright law. Contact the Bentley Historical Library for permission to reproduce, display or transmit this image. Repository: Bentley Historical Library