In 1866, thirty-five women had put in three dollars each to start the Ladies' Library Association and pledged a dollar a year to purchase books for the public to borrow.
After moving from one location to another, the Ladies' Library (since demolished) was built at 324 East Huron, on the south side west of Division in 1885.
Frame location: Corner of State and Huron, Northwest
This image may be protected by copyright law. Contact the Bentley Historical Library for permission to reproduce, display or transmit this image. Repository: Bentley Historical Library