After 1896 Barbour Gymnasium provided women with their own activity center, as well as office space for the new Dean of Women, Dr. Eliza Mosher. Concerned with the health of women, she instituted a rigorous program of compulsory calisthenics.
Frame location: South side of North University, east end of the Diag, facing northeast toward Hill Auditorium
Collection info: Ralph Beebe
This image may be protected by copyright law. Contact the Bentley Historical Library for permission to reproduce, display or transmit this image. Repository: Bentley Historical Library