Dr. Eliza Mosher, an 1875 graduate of the Medical School, was persuaded by President Angell to give up her private practice in 1896 to become the first Dean of Women. As Professor of Hygiene in the Literary department, she was also the University's first female faculty member.
Frame location: West side of State Street north of the walk on the north side of the Michigan Union, facing east
Collection info: McLaughlin p.95 Mosher's papers
This image may be protected by copyright law. Contact the Bentley Historical Library for permission to reproduce, display or transmit this image. Repository: Bentley Historical Library