The medical department began in 1850 in this Greek revival building on east University. A pioneer in medical education, it contained laboratories, lecture rooms, and a large amphitheater for dissection when cadavers were available. The four story wing at the rear was added in 1864. The building was replaced by Randall physics laboratory in 1914.
Frame location: West side of State Street north of the walk on the north side of the Michigan Union, facing east
This image may be protected by copyright law. Contact the Bentley Historical Library for permission to reproduce, display or transmit this image. Repository: Bentley Historical Library