City Of Ann Arbor 2015 Sustainable Ann Arbor Forum: Sustainable Systems
Thursday March 12, 2015: 7:00pm to 8:30pm
Downtown Library: Multi-Purpose Room
Join the conversation about sustainability in Ann Arbor as the City and the Ann Arbor District Library host their annual Sustainable Ann Arbor series.The series includes four events, each focusing on a different element of sustainability from [http://www.a2gov.org/departments/systems-planning/sustainability/Pages/Sustainability.aspx|Ann Arbor’s sustainability framework].
The third event in the series centers on Sustainable Systems, including an overview of city wet weather projects and community-led solutions to increased precipitation.
A think tank of local stakeholders including representatives from community organizations, City of Ann Arbor staff, and Washtenaw County staff will join the public to discuss local sustainability efforts and challenges in our community. Each program will include a series of short presentations followed by a question and answer session. The forums offer an opportunity to learn more about sustainability in the community and tips for actions that residents can take to live more sustainably.
• Nathan Ayers, Director, Chiwara Permaculture and Partner, UM Permaculture Initiative
• Susan Bryan, Rain Garden Coordinator, Washtenaw County Water Resources Commissioner's Office
• Shannan Gibb-Randall, Principal, In-Site Design Studio
• Jen Lawson, Water Quality Manager, City of Ann Arbor
• Laura Rubin, Executive Director, Huron River Watershed Council
This event will be recorded