We nnnouiiced in our last issue tlia a proposition had been mndo by the Re gents of the University to our citizcns to subscribo $10,000 towards the building f a largo and muoh nceded addition to the Medical College ; thata preliminary meeting had been held to eonsider the proposition, whioh resulted in the adop tion of a resolution to raiso the sum, by a vote of the ta-payors if it eould be obtained, if nat, by a subscripción loan to the I?eg-ent ; and that h.y yc-íjuest o: such meeting Mayor Wklls had called a meeting of the tax-payers oí ihe city to be beid on Friday evening last. The meeting was held pursuant to oall, and v?as ]argely prended. A ma ority of tho tas-payers of the cify was not present, but a larga majority of the tax of the city - tve tkink full fourjifihs - was represented. Mayor Wells was called to the chair, and Hon. II. J. Beakbs elected Secretary. After a presentation of the proposition, and a frue and iiill discussion of it by Messrs. E. W. Morgan, S. II. Douglass, H. J. Beakes, E. Lawkexce, and others. Mr. Beakes offered resolutions pledgfng the credit of the city in the sutn of $10,000 for the purpose named, authorizing the Ccsmrnon Couocil to issue the bonds ot tho city for the same, payable in one aüd two years after the Legislaturo shall legalize the nstion, say on tho first of Fcbruary 1866 and 1867, and askiug of the Legislature tho enactment of a lavv authoriziDg the Council to levy a tax to pay such bonds. - Tho resolutions were adoptad without a dissenting voice. Individually we prefcrred that the amount bo raised by private subscriplion rather than by tax, but as that was considered impracticable, if not impossible, vo endorse fully the action of the meeting1, and trust that no oitiaon wil! find fault with it. The University bas done and is doing much for Ann Arbor, and Ann Arbor can affurd to do liberally by the University, Though a State institution we reap its local benefits. - lts largo income is used in our midst, its studcnts pay largely to the support of our business interests, and while the State at largo may feel a just pride in its success and good name, vü of Ann Arbor have a special interest in its upbuilding. And, besides, we can cite to this liberal donation when jealous citizens of other tovvns clamor in favnr of a perversión of its fuuds, or seek by a narrow policy to proven t its growth, beeause its benefits are locally ours and not theirs. We can point with just pride to the beautiful location, - a generous donation, - to tho other pecuniary gifts of our citizens, and now to the increased accomrnodations we have freely given our $10,000 to furnish their sons who seek an almost freo education in one of the best medical schools the country affords. It is 10,000 well appropriated, and which will bring rich returns toour city, We may hope, too, that t wijl teod to silence the clamor of a few uoensy spirits wlio hayo sought ior half a scorfi ofyeargto procure the removal of the Medical College to Detroit, and the consequent disintegration and ruin of the University. If it does not, we hope that they may wake up eome fjne morning aud fiad their " occupation gqne."