This mstitution held its third commencempnt last weet, and from the rcports wliieh have been made we gather the following facts : lts founder Ezra Corneli, gave the University $300,000, his object being, as stated, " to found an institution where auy person can find instruotion in any study." To the interest on $000,000, promptly paid, has boen adi(-.A by Mr. Cornell the gift of over 200 aires of land, with farm buildings ; the Jewell colleotion of geology and paleontology, costing $10.000 ; $26,000 in money ; aad,added toall this, he ha? expended some $200,000 in locating the lands of the l'nivi rsity. Others havo been extremely liberal to tlioT'niveisity, as John McGraw, of Ithaca, whohas given a building costing L100,000, and Hiram Sibley, of Rcohester, another, costing over L50,000. President White has contributed entirc salary and several thousand dollars tor books; Ooldwin Smith has piesen his splendid home library. The instituten started in October, 1868, ivitli twenty-toni' jirofessors, and there ai-e now forty, and moro wil] be added at the trustees' meeting thia week. The grant of land for endowment by the provernment was enormous, or, ir.flniount, 990,000 aere?, but only the interest can be expended. This gift only corresponds, in amount, to grants to other 8t;its, whfeh werc according to the represen! :t tivi population of each State. The land scrip sold brought at one timo, for 76,000 acres, $64,000, and, ut another, $263,700 for 293,000 acres. Rome of the land unsold ia worth $f) and $10 an acre, so that the future of the TJniversity, if well conduoted, must be one of unexampled prospcrity.