Press enter after choosing selection

Poisoned By Potato Bugs

Poisoned By Potato Bugs image
Parent Issue
Day
10
Month
September
Year
1875
Copyright
Public Domain
OCR Text

An Itliaea (N. Y.) physician has imdertaken a case of a patiënt who was poisoned by' Colorado potato bugs. The man was working in bis potato putcJi and several bugs got iuto one ot bis boots tbrougb a t-lit in the top. By the time be pulled it off they bad worked down nuder the sole near the toe, and bis foot in this part began to sniiirt severely. When the doctor was called, the bottom of the foot presented the appearance of having been badly scalded, the skin being raised in white blisters. He Hays be has beard of persons Ijeing poisoned in the tbroat by taking some tbing iuto the month after bandling potato bugs, bnt the like of this case he never eaw or heard of before. The remaining members of the once j.iiwcrl'nl tribe oí NarragariHett Indiana ara living on a unaJI spot i' ground in the aeighborbood of W-et-toriy, Bhode Island. They stick to agricultwre, ore eminently religioiis, nul oever tnefliTle in stocks or taste ram.

Article

Subjects
Old News
Michigan Argus